Since my last post I have experienced the following:
- A 20 hour train ride from Spokane, WA to Minot, ND
- One night stay in a trailer, in a barn, that smells like cat pee (but oh, the sleep was divine)
- A day surrounded by 12 kids ranging from 7 months to 12 years (feeding time was very frenzied)
- A night of ballroom dancing with people (most nearly twice my age)
- Having my partner of 5 years being introduced as a “free spirit,” apparently relegating me to “some stranger hanging around the family”
- An afternoon of hanging out with strangers eating Lutheran snacks and watching my Sweetheart work the room like a talk show host
- An evening of the wrong choice for Pizza followed by the after-stress/depression crash in a hotel room next door to … you guessed it – a bunch of screaming, crying children.
Before I post seriously again, I get to enjoy another 20 hour train ride, hopefully preceded by a nice coffee and breakfast with my Sugarpea. I may have missed several posts due to internet infrequency or lack of time. But I will most definitely have more to write when I return full force Tuesday evening.